Pad Thai (Thai-style fried noodles) can be considered as the soul of Thai cuisine. Pad Thai is simple to make, but the mix of ingredients and spices makes it delicious. Please discover how to make Pad Thai of Pho 9 Restaurant.
- 300g rice noodles (300gr semi-dried, middle size rice noodle)
- 1 piece of tofu (1 piece of extra firm tofu)
- 200g shrimp (200g shrimp)
- 2-3 purple onions (2-3 shallots)
- 3 chicken eggs (3 eggs)
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (1tbsp chilli sauce)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (1tbsp ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (1 tbsp sugar)
- 1 tablespoon oyster oil (1 tbsp oyster sauce)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (2 tbsp soya sauce)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (3 tbsp cooking oil)
- 40g chives (40g chives)
- 100g bean sprouts (100g bean sprouts)
- Ground peanut
- 1 lemon (1 lime)
- 1 bowl of water (1 cup of water)
- Finely chop the purple onion.
- Cut the tofu into 0.2cm thin, long pieces.
- Cut chives into little finger lengths.
- Put 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a hot pan, fry the onions. Crack the eggs into the pan. Stir in eggs until just cooked.
- Scoop the eggs onto a plate and set them aside.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add the rice noodles. Add water and stir-fry until the noodles are soft. Note: If you can’t buy semi-dried but use dried type, you must soak the noodles in warm water first to soften and then put them in the pan to stir-fry.
- Add chili sauce and ketchup to the noodles, stir well. When the chili sauce and ketchup are evenly coated around the noodles, remove the noodles to a plate and set them aside.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. In turn, add tofu, shrimp, oyster oil, stir well. Add the previously fried noodles and bean sprouts and chives to the same island. Add sugar and soy sauce. Toss the spices evenly to complete the Pad Thai dish.
- Put Pad Thai to a plate. Add some raw sprouts and a slice of lemon to the corner of the plate. Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top.
- Squeeze more lemon, mix well when eating.