With its natural sweetness and mild aroma, honey has contributed to the perfection of many delicious dishes, including honey grilled chicken. The combination of the sweetness of honey, delicious chewy chicken along with the baking method creates a delicious and irresistible dish. Not only that, but the grilled chicken dish also has a silky golden color, strongly stimulating the eyes. The rich taste, heart-warming aroma and golden color of the dish will easily awaken the taste buds.
Let’s immediately refer to the simple way to make honey grilled chicken below to get a beautiful and delicious finished product in a short time of processing.
- 6 chicken thighs (can be replaced with wings, breast or chicken legs)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or minced garlic)
- 2 dried onions
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Spices: Salt, seasoning, monosodium glutamate…
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- First, you put the chicken thighs in a large bowl, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a little salt, then squeeze well
- Then, you wash the chicken thighs thoroughly with water, drain or pat dry.
- With dried onions, you peel, wash, and mince.
Step 2: Marinate Spices
- You put all the chicken thighs you bought into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of white pepper, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, minced shallot and mix well.
- Then you rub the seasoning mixture evenly on the chicken thighs. You should use a knife to poke a bit into the chicken thighs for the seasoning to penetrate better. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour.
Step 3: Bake Honey Chicken Thighs
- When the marinating time is up, put the chicken in an oil-free fryer.
- Line the bottom of the pot with a sheet of foil and spread the chicken wings evenly on top. Save the chicken wing marinade for extra spread.
- Adjust the roasting temperature of the chicken with the air fryer from 160 degrees Celsius to 200 degrees Celsius depending on the size of the chicken thighs.
- When you have baked for 15 minutes, take the chicken out and use a brush to spread the marinade mixture all over the chicken thighs and then continue to put them in the oven again. This is a trick to make honey baked chicken in the oven not dry and have more eye-catching colors. Normally, the roasting process only takes about 30 minutes to bake chicken in an air fryer, but it can take longer depending on the size of the chicken thighs.
Step 4: Present and Enjoy
You just need to put the grilled honey chicken on a plate and enjoy it while it’s still hot to feel the full flavor of the dish.