Although Pad Thai is just an ordinary stir-fried noodle dish, to make a standard Thai Pad Thai dish, it is necessary to prepare a lot of typical ingredients.
- 400g noodles (pho noodles, noodles,…)
- 100g fresh shrimp
- 100g dried shrimp
- 2 large pieces of tofu
- 2 chicken eggs
- 220g jaggery
- 100g white granulated sugar
- Price, chives (should prepare a lot to eat less bored)
- Red onion, garlic, chili
- Peanuts (groundnut)
- 1 squeeze tamarind
- Fish sauce, lemon
Step 1: Make Pad Thai Sauce
- To make Pad Thai, we will not stir-fry the noodles first, but will make the sauce for Pad Thai first, everyone. First, you put tamarind and cup, add some warm water and then use a spoon to mash tamarind. Then, you filter it out to get tamarind juice.
- Next, you put the pan on, let it medium heat, then add jaggery, add fish sauce, white sugar and tamarind juice just have to cook together. Cook until the ingredients are melted, then lower the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat and let it cool.
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients:
- Rinse the noodles with boiling water, then remove and drain.
- With pho or noodle soup, you can cook it lightly so that the noodles or noodles are clean and soft.
- Tofu, you cut it into small squares and then put it in a pan of hot oil, fry until golden crispy, take out and drain.
- When the shrimp is dry, soak it in warm water to soften the shrimp.
- Fresh shrimp, you wash, peel and remove only the back of the shrimp.
- Bean sprouts, chives and other types are washed with dilute salt water and then drained.
- Peanuts are roasted hot, peeled and pounded.
Do you love these Pad Thai dishes?
Step 3: Cook Pad Thai
- After the raw materials have been processed. We put oil and garlic and hot pan fry until fragrant. Add tofu, stir well, add fresh shrimp and dried shrimp to the island.
- Add a little salt, seasoning powder for shrimp to absorb flavor.
- Stir for a few more minutes until the shrimp are cooked, then add noodles and chives and stir-fry together (if you like to eat raw chives, you can add chives later).
- Stir continuously for noodles (pho, noodle soup) to loosen.
- Crack 2 more pre-prepared eggs into the stir-fry.
- Stir fry well, add a little more until the eggs are cooked.
- Finally, you add the prepared sauce, stir well, then season to taste, then turn off the heat and put on a plate.
- Add chives if not previously added.
- Add some chopped chili and peanuts on top to garnish and the Pad Thai is complete.
- When eating, you can put lemon on the Pad Thai plate to increase the taste.
- A true Thai-standard Pad Thai will leave a little water and sauce in it, creating a salty, sour taste.
- This dish should only be eaten while it is still hot. When cooled, the noodles will expand and be very boring to eat.
- You should stir-fry with a lot of chives to eat less bored.
- You can also add other ingredients to this Pad Thai such as carrot (red radish), thinly sliced meat to add more appeal to this dish.