Grilled pork, with its savory, smoky flavor and tender texture, is a culinary delight enjoyed worldwide. This recipe will guide you through the process of preparing mouthwatering grilled pork that’s perfect for a family BBQ, a picnic, or a casual weeknight dinner. Let’s get started!
- 1 lb (450g) pork loin or pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional for a smoky flavor)
- Skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes)
- Lime wedges and fresh herbs for serving
1. Prepare the Marinade:
In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, honey, vegetable oil, black pepper, and paprika (if using). Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Marinate the Pork:
- Place the thinly sliced pork in a zip-top bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the pork, ensuring each slice is well coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or for best results, marinate overnight.
3. Skewer the Pork:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated pork slices onto skewers. You can fold the slices accordion-style for a lovely presentation.
4. Grill the Pork:
- Grease the grill grates with a bit of vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the pork skewers on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and have beautiful grill marks.
- Brush any remaining marinade onto the pork during grilling for extra flavor.
- Remove the grilled pork from the skewers and transfer it to a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like cilantro, mint, or basil.
- Serve the delicious grilled pork hot, accompanied by lime wedges for that extra zing.
Variations and Tips:
- For a sweeter profile, increase the amount of honey or brown sugar in the marinade.
- You can serve the grilled pork with a side of rice, noodles, or as part of a larger Vietnamese dish.
Grilled pork is a versatile and crowd-pleasing dish that brings a touch of smokiness and an explosion of flavors to your table. With this simple yet flavorful recipe, you’ll master the art of making succulent grilled pork that will leave your guests craving for more. Enjoy your delicious grilled pork with friends and family on any occasion!