Iced lemon tea is a refreshing and flavorful beverage that is perfect for hot summer days. With its tangy citrus taste and cooling effect, it’s a popular choice to quench your thirst and enjoy a relaxing drink. Here’s a simple recipe to make a delicious glass of iced lemon tea.
- 2 lemons
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons black tea leaves
- Sugar or honey (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Boil the water in a kettle or saucepan. Once it reaches a rolling boil, remove it from the heat.
- Add the black tea leaves to the boiled water and let it steep for about 5 minutes. Adjust the steeping time based on your preference for the strength of the tea.
- While the tea is steeping, squeeze the juice from the lemons into a separate container. Remove any seeds.
- After the steeping time is complete, strain the tea leaves from the infused water using a fine mesh strainer or tea infuser.
- Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the tea and stir well. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add sugar or honey to the mixture. Stir until the sweetener dissolves completely.
- Allow the tea to cool to room temperature. You can speed up the cooling process by placing the mixture in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Once the tea has cooled, fill serving glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour the cooled tea over the ice cubes in each glass. Stir gently to combine the tea and ice.
- Garnish the glasses with fresh mint leaves for added aroma and presentation.
- Serve the iced lemon tea immediately and enjoy its refreshing taste.
Note: You can adjust the amount of lemon juice and sweetener according to your personal preference. Feel free to experiment with different variations by adding sliced fruits like oranges or strawberries to the drink for a unique twist.
Now you can sit back, relax, and savor the delightful taste of homemade iced lemon tea. Enjoy!